Green Living Roof helps with Planning in Brighton
A Green Living Roof helps with Planning in Brighton Area?
Sussex Roofing & Building Services Limited have successfully installed another Green Living Roof in Sussex. As local registered Sika Sarnafil Installers, Sussex Roofing & Building Services Limited installed this new living roof on top of a new plywood deck on this new build. The process was as follows:
- 18mm Plywood deck installed by contractor
- New roof was Primed using Sarnacol Prmier 600
- 140mm Insulation was then bonded to the substate using Sarnacol 2162
- A light grey 1.5 mm G410-15EL Sika Sarnafil Membrane was bonded to the insulation using Sarnacol 2142 S
- All seams were heat-welded
- The detail sections of the roof were done in G410-15EL lead grey to blend in with the lead grey aluminium perimeter Trims
- All seams were checked ready for the Green Living Roof to be applied
- The Bio-Drain was put onto the roof for help with water retention
- The next stage was to put a fleece barrier between the roof garden and the membrane to help with longevity
- The substrates were installed next which the living sedum lives off and holds on to.
- Finally the ballast, which is held in by the alumimium gravel guards, was laid at front and back on the roof line.
- The roof was then ready for the sedum blanket to be applied which contained 8 different colours.
The roof turned out to be a huge success due to the fact that the client had applied for planning for 2 years and been refused. On discussion with Sussex Roofing & Building Services Limited, the contractor and the architect for the scheme, planning was passed due to the addition of this fantastic environmentally and eco-friendly roof system.